Monday, October 11, 2010

i can only imagine

let's just say today was not an ideal day.

i overslept and woke up around 11:30pm, took a shower, ate sponge cake and an apple for lunch, realized i missed the bus to go apple picking with real life (i had been looking forward to this event ALL WEEK), ended up watching two movies: "28 days" and "the proposal", ate dinner in my room around 4:30, did a little hw, etc. i literally did not step one foot outside my building.

it might not seem so, but staying inside all day is pretty depressing. i've been in my pajamas and sitting in my chair.

this past Sunday (10-10-10), my pastor talked about "Church". this was an interesting sermon because recently in a core meeting, someone brought up the question of "why do we go to church?" if someone asked you why YOU go to church, or why THEY should go to church, what would you say? part of the reason i go to church is for community - though that's not all the church offers. we were created and designed to live as one body in community. and when we're alone, we feel lonely, like something is wrong or off. (though spending time alone sometimes to reflect and clear our heads is good too.) i guess today just felt like a wasted day and i realized just how important community is. there was an experiment done to show this. the lifespan of a smoker living in a close knit community was significantly longer than a healthy person living on his/her own. you could conclude that it is better to smoke and live in a community than eat healthy and live alone. (but seriously, just live a healthy life surrounded by those you love.)

I can only imagine
What it will be like
When I walk
By Your side
I can only imagine
What my eyes will see
When Your face
Is before me
I can only imagine

Surrounded by Your glory, what will my heart feel
Will I dance for You Jesus or in awe of You be still
Will I stand in Your presence or to my knees will I fall
Will I sing hallelujah, will I be able to speak at all
I can only imagine

I can only imagine
When that day comes
And I find myself
Standing in the Son
I can only imagine
When all I will do
Is forever
Forever worship You
I can only imagine

No comments: