if my heart has grown cold,
there Your love will unfold,
as You open my eyes to the work of Your hands
These lines are so encouraging. I think many times I lost sight of what is really important in my life. Our world is so fast paced and there are so many things going on at once. It's really difficult to remove all distractions and focus on building my relationship with God. However, He does not give up on us when we seem to fail Him time and time again. We just need to open our eyes to see His wonders and the things He is doing in our lives.
Tomorrow morning I will be leaving for Cincinnati, Ohio. I'm really excited but at the same time, I have this feeling in the pit of my stomach. What I am looking forward to is something called School of Evangelism. There will be about 70 short-term missionaries (all ages, mostly college probably) and a number of missionary families who live in the area and who will teach us about evangelism. After this four day retreat/conference, we will practice what we've learned in Over the Rhine, an inner-city neighborhood. May God just watch over all of us and provide for all our needs. I cannot wait to see the way He will challenge us and the way the Holy Spirit will be working in all of us.
Here are some prayer requests:
1. Unity among all the short-term missionaries. From my church, it is only me and another girl. We will be meeting another team/group in Philadelphia to drive with to Ohio. (Yes, I know. Long ride.)
2. Servant's attitude. Pray that we will serve with humility and serve with all our hearts. Though the missionaries there are providing a lot for us, we are not just going to support them. We are also going to serve them in any way we can.
3. Great expectations. Many times we feel that if we are expecting a lot from God, we will be so disappointed if the reality does not meet our expectations. But at the same time, God is able to fill our expectations to the brim, even to overflow. If we do not go with expectations, then we are not really trusting in what God can do.
When I return in two weeks, I will be sure to share my experiences! God Bless.
No comments:
Post a Comment